Summary of 17 January 2018 changes to the lists of eligible skilled occupations
The lists of eligible skilled occupations for Australia’s skilled visa programs that will come in to effect on 17 January 2018. This includes occupations that will be:
- added to the lists of eligible skilled occupations;
- moved between the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) for particular visa programs; or
- removed from the lists of eligible skilled occupations.
The Lists of eligible skilled occupations will be updated on 17 January 2018 to reflect these changes.
There are changes (including additions) to certain occupational caveats (indicated via ‘*** asterisks’) which exclude the use of the occupation in certain circumstances. A summary of Caveats on occupations is available.
These changes will only impact applications lodged on or after 17 January 2018. Applications lodged before this date will not be impacted.
Changes to the 457 visa occupation list
Occupations with caveat- only changes
- Accommodation and Hospitality Manger – regional only areas
- Recruitment Consultant – min salary $90,000
- Taxation and management consultant
Occupations re-instated to the STSOL
- Property Manager
- Real estate representative
Occupations moved from STSOL to the MTLSSL
- Management consultant
- Horse Breeder
Occupations removed from this list
- Building Associate
- Hair or Beauty salon Manager