As with many service-based industries catering to the public, from time to time we will encounter people and situations that can challenge the safety of our customers and well-being of our staff.
BOA realises the importance of ensuring that all persons within our workplace are kept safe, and on Wednesday 5 October 2016, will be hosting a ‘Defusing Difficult Situations’ training session, from 12pm – 5pm, with a light lunch served from 11:30am.
In this session, trainer Chris McGrath will take a practical and strategy-based approach to identifying triggers for challenging behaviour and address the following:
- Understanding where unusual or threatening behaviour comes from
- Recognising aggression and hostility
- Verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Defusing strategies and de-escalation techniques
- Recognising the impact on self and the importance of self-care
We welcome you and your staff to join us for this discounted training day.
DATE: Wednesday 5 October 2016
TIME: 12.00 – 5.00pm; arrive from 11.30 for a light lunch prior to the session.
LOCATION: Sydney Central YHA, Level 9 meeting room
For tickets, click here.